Harbor tour with Shae

Monday, July 6, 2009

4(th of July)Shore

The 4th of July is my favorite holiday. It's right up there with St. Patrick's Day. Somewhat obscure favorites, I know. I'm Irish, so I love St. Patrick's Day (and it's exactly a week before my birthday). The 4th of July celebrates America's independence, it's during the summer, involves my closest friends and family, barbecue, the beach and fireworks--what's not to love?













This 4th, Caroline, Shae and I went "down the shore" (as they say up north) to Sea Isle City, NJ, appropriately acronymed 'SIC'. My Aunt Elsie and Uncle Tony have a 14-bedroom house called "L'Etage" across the street from the ocean. I've been going to L'Etage since I was about nine or ten. The beautiful Victorian-style home has a wrap around porch with rocking chairs and enough Ferguson family rowdiness to keep you there all night.

When I was younger, my older cousins would usually start their nights on the porch and then make their way down the street to the bars. Over the years, my Aunt Els would provide porch paraphanalia to amplify the fun factor, such as kazoos to blow and pantyhose to put over your head (just because it looked funny). Once the fun was had, I was always jealous I couldn't join my cousins when they left to go out.

I was beyond excited this year to finally get to experience the SIC bar scene since I'm 21. But just like when I was 10, I never left the porch. Hanging out with cousins, who are now fathers and mothers is much more fun than any night out...even in Joisey.












2 comments:

  1. Wah. What I would've done to be right there in the mix...in red, white and blue too. Yall look adorable and I can tell had a great time together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, Britt. You, Shae and Caroline made it better... enjoy your time in NYC...

    ReplyDelete