Harbor tour with Shae

Monday, June 22, 2009

Strangers

This weekend was pretty great. My friend Calette visited Ludlow for the weekend. Despite the tight quarters, I always love having visitors. Seeing familiar faces is anything but ordinary here.


Which brings me to #1 on the list of Reasons I Dislike New York. Don't worry...it's an extremely short list. I only come up with a new reason once every week or two.


#1-- You never see the same person twice (with the exception of the other day when I ran into my spinning instructor on the street...I'm taking that as a sign to stop skipping her class.)

I take the same train at the same time every day. I've never once seen someone I've seen before. And trust me, I pay attention on the subway. I'm not one of those "I zone out and sleep on the train" people. Those people are fakers if you ask me. How on earth, or below earth, do you know you're at your stop if you're actually sleeping? Have they gotten so good at subway riding that they just know by the 6th jolt that it's time to wake up? I don't get it.

But anyways, it kind of bothers me that every one here is a stranger everywhere I go. I guess familiarity is just one advantage that the NYC locals have over us temps. That and an immunity to the supposedly "perfect" water up here...Yeah right.

I also got a pedicure at this salon called J Sisters this past Saturday. It's where all the celebs, such as Lindsay Lohan go to get special treatments that I can't divulge...What if she reads my blog? I can't go losing celebrity friends because I let their secrets slip. I have to have a conversation with one before I leave this place.

Anyways the pedicure was great. A friend I made hooked me up with it because his mom is one of the 7 "J Sisters" (owners). They're good friends with Giselle and Naomi. NBD.


1 comment:

  1. Britt! I really like your blog. You are a really good writer :) Sounds like you're having a great time up there. I want to visit!!!

    ReplyDelete